Monday, January 11, 2010

The Lot

This is mainly for my brothers and sisters to see since they are not here. My parents have been working on building a house for sometime now (depending on who you ask the time may vary), and it is really starting to come together. My dad has a real knack for building and designing houses and he's a banker, not a builder. An expensive hobby if you ask my mom but still pretty impressive. Anyways I thought you guys would want to see Dad's hard work.
The front of the houseBack of the house

Backyard and pool area
Front entry stairs
Living room and kitchen area to the left
Kitchen windows that look over Pasadena and La Canada
Master bedroom view

This is the stairwell that leads to a seperate entrance 2 bed 1 bath apartment above the garage

Ollie being the worker man that he is. The lot is Oliver's domain. You know those kids that are very cautious around ledges, stairs, basically huge drops over the sides of a mountain, etc. Oliver is not one. This makes for a few heart attacks for mom every time we're up there. I am contantly saying little prayers in my head that he will not fall out a window. But he has such a great time there. Like father like son, Like grandfather, like grandson...

This is the bedroom facing the backyard with those gorgeous mountains. If we ever get to stay here, I call this room.

2 comments:

Sara said...

oh it is going to be so beautiful!

andrea said...

Wow! I can't believe the progress since we were there! That is incredible! Your dad is quite the talent :) Will you guys be in Utah this weekend? We are leaving in the morning, I hope to see you there. It is so sad, I still am in shock. Love you.