Monday, January 11, 2010

Griffith Park

Griffith Park is a pretty cool place. We went to this really old merry go round that was built in 1926. All the pictures around the top were hand painted and half were destroyed by water damage. The tails of the horses were real horse hair and they had a old organ playing music as it went around. My mom and I agreed it was the fastest merry go round we'd ever been on. I would LOVE to know the story behind it. I tried looking it up but couldn't find much. Oliver was pretty excited about going but about half way through I think he started getting really dizzy. The motion sick gene lives on.

Amelie decided to opt out of the ride and just enjoy the pretty lights and sounds. Oh I just have to mention how cute Ollie is with his little sister. In the car Ami is not very happy. It's gotten a lot better but she still has her moments and poor Oliver has to be in back next to her screaming. Well anyways, he always get really concerned and asks for her binky (which she never takes). Then if that doesn't work his says "hush, hush, don't cry baby sister". He says "hush" really drawn out and soothing, just like momma does. Then he tells her "almost there, almost there". And then if all that doesn't work, he covers his ears with both hands. Everytime he gets in her face, you'd think she wouldn't like it but she just smiles and smiles at her silly brother. I can't to see them grow up together.Then Ollie got to go on a real horse. There is a lane for the slow ponies which he's only done. When he saw the bigger kids trotting and even galloping on their horses, he started trying to move his horse along to follow. Next time I think we'll let him go in the fast lane. No fear I tell you. I remember that I was totally a horse girl growing up. My mom had Annie and I in riding lessons and we LOVED it. I had this horse mobile, yeah you heard me, hanging from my ceiling that I loved. I could easily ride horses every day. Maybe I'll sign myself up for some riding lessons again. Find the inner horse of my childhood:)

This guy had all these birds on his car, not for sell or anything, just enjoying the great outdoors. I secretly wanted to open all the cages and see them fly away.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for all the updates! That is a really cool merry-go-round. I mean how many have real horse hair tales? Also thanks for the lot pictures. It really is coming along!

Robin said...

Thats funny I saw this post right now b/c someone was just telling me about Griffith Park yesterday. They said it had some kind of train so of course I was asking about it! Good to see you guys New Years Eve! Lets do it again soon!

annieq84 said...

I love that Ollie is getting into horses! You should keep encouraging that so he will one day be excited to visit his Aunt Annie and Uncle Cody. Maybe I'll let him break one of the fillies when the time comes due :) i miss you being in Utah. Cali is just too far away!

kelleyplus said...

Fly away little birdies- fly, fly, fly!!!
Seriously though- a very fun afternoon!

Michelle said...

wonderful pics-love the merry-go-round too