Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Just Hanging Out

I love Amelie's little smirk in this picture. Brothers really are pretty funny.Ollie decided to pick up gardening as a hobby today.This is what she loves to do all day. I love it too.
There are so many uses to a Spongebob coloring book with stickers. This was Oliver's idea.
There are two main things that we could not be more happy about. Ok well of course the obvious is having a healthy little girl. But the other two things are SO wonderful. First off, this little girl has yet to spit up. I have not even pulled out one burp cloth, I kid you not. With Oliver we used burp towels, not cloths. Considering our experience with that, this is a wonderful blessing. Could anything be better than that?? Well yes. She sleeps 6 solid hours a night and probably would get more if I didn't wake her up to eat. Oliver, bless his heart, was a horrible sleeper. We heard the second child is easier and boy is it. It probably also helps that I am not nearly as paranoid. I remember when Ollie was an infant, I would jump in the shower hoping that he wouldn't cry so I could at least shave my legs. If I heard him screaming I would actually jump out of the shower in a panic. Ahhh the first time mom. Amelie doesn't have it quite so pampered. If she screams, I continue on, knowing that a little crying never hurt anyone. And I do not get up at night checking to see if she's alive cause she hasn't cried yet. Overall, I am loving the second time around. I highly recommend it.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

How wonderful!! I can't even imagine how great it would be to not have a baby spit -up all day long, yuck! And the sleeping...what a dream. Hopefully she will continue to be a great sleeper.

Amanda said...

i remember how bad ollies spit up was when he was first born- so glad you are not dealing with that this time. and i'm glad you recommend the second time around. :)

and mannnn those kids are cute!

aaron and meg facer said...

That smirk is adorable! I'm so glad she's good baby. I can't wait to meet her. And I'm glad Ollie is already trying to play with his sister. He'll be a great older brother.

Allison said...

Glad things are going well. . . and better, I swear it's the only way we do it again. You have beautiful kids and fun pictures! Hope you are feeling well too.

The Johnson Journey said...

Oh man, so stinkin' cute. Ollie loves his little sister! I can't believe she doesn't spit up!!! THAT'S SO AWESOME!! I'm jealous of your sleep. :) Nice work you two!

Mike and Kris said...

You seem like a natural mother of two!! I've always admired you!! You have beautiful kids! I hope all is going well for you 4!!!:)