Friday, August 3, 2012

First day of Kindergarten





Yesterday Ollie had his first half day at school.  It was basically an orientation day where the parents came along too and met all the teachers, librarian, principal, and staff.  I really loved that they did this because it made me feel so much more comfortable leaving him there.  I thought I did pretty well other than welling up a bit once the parents had to seperate from the kids and I turned around and saw Ollie sitting like a brave big boy making his first friend.  It's really hard realizing that your kids are growing up and there's nothing you can do about it.  I am super excited for every phase with my kids but there's something just sad about knowing I'll never have that little first day kindergartner back.  But he is so excited.  He was just beaming from the moment he woke up, he could not wait to be a big boy at school.  He had his new Legoland shirt gpa got him, his spiderman backpack and lunchbox and he was so ready.  I was so excited to find out that his teacher is who I was hoping for.  I had heard really good things about her and was hoping (and praying) out of the 4 possibilities, that she would be it.  She is so sweet and loving, and just really good at teaching.  I can't wait to get in and volunteer and get to know everyone better.  This school thing is a whole new world but we are ready to tackle it and jump in head first.  The morning of we had to take some pictures pf everyone and when we didn't get one of everyone together, Oliver was like "We have to get a picture of everyone together.  We're a family!"  It was so cute and he was so proud. 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What a big boy!!! I love how proud he looks. =) Your school starts early. When do you get out? I was just thinking, Ollie is going to be in school when we are there. He might have to take some sick days.

Post below- I'm so glad you got to go. How fun! My kids LOVE it down there too. We'll have to try Lego Land after Carson's Disney pass is expired. Can't wait til September!

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

tears too!!!

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

Tears too is from me, Grandmas. YOu are still signed in to my computer!

Aaron and Meg said...

School already?! When did he grown up? I love the last line about being a family. Even though he's growing up he's still just as much of a sweetheart. Love that kid!

aaron and meg facer said...

Woah! I can't believe it! Starting school at the BEGINNING of August?!?!? That's so early. I can't believe that Ollie is in school. What a milestone. Thanks for this post and the constantly needed reminder to revel in every phase of life we share with our kids. -- Aaron

Burnett Facer said...

I just wish you were closer so we could be part of that. Can't wait unitl we come and visit!!

Papa and Nana