Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Revelation

As Ryan and I were house hunting this weekend, I realized just how fickle I can be in my decision making. I mean really, I have this thing I like to refer to as buyers remorse. Thing is, it's not like purchases, it's just like life. I have a hard time trusting the decisions I make and sometimes wait for others to tell me what to do. Even after making a decision, including really small ones, I go back over it in my head wondering if I could have made better use of time, money, whatever it is. In realizing this, I said to Ryan, "I think marrying you was the only decision I've made that I was absolutely sure of", and immediately after saying it, I knew it was completely true. That seems like a pretty good thing to be sure of, and for me, it's the best kind of answer. Every day we're together, I know it's just where I need to be.

6 comments:

Magen said...

oh my becky this is why we are almost the same person...you just wrote the story of my life...well except for the whole marrying ryan thing. I'm so glad you married ryan too! he is exactly what you needed.

Brooke said...

I love you guys and i agree - best decision you ever made!

Courtney said...

maybe this is the common thread in our friendships. i can't even choose what I want at a restaurant and i have gone back and found the waitress to change my order more than is really necessary.

kelleyplus said...

That's all any mom wants to hear!!!

Darcey said...

HAHAHA! I completely understand ... I am the same way, which is why i was totally going to email you about my car seat indecisiveness :)

(the email should be on its way...)

andrea said...

I totally get this. I feel the same way. Devin always makes fun of me about my buyers remorse....I can't buy anything without wondering if it was a bad choice. Especially the big things! But I never wondered about him either ;)