Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Feeling chubby

I'm pretty sure I heard from everyone that the second time around was harder. I'm thinking I also got amazingly lucky with Oliver and was able to drop the baby weight pretty fast. With Amelie it is a totally different story. Just leave it to a girl. I guess I wasn't expecting to have like 15 pounds to drop at this point and I've never really had to work off that much weight. So lately I have been feeling down about my changed body. Then I realized yesterday how totally ridiculous I'm being. Ok well not totally cause we girls tend to focus whether we like it or not on body image, so I can't completely blame myself. But this job, having babies, is hard. And then you just keep having more and wonder if you're ever going to feel or look the same. Then I had this thought. I don't ever want to feel the same. Having kids changes everything, and thank heavens for that. However I wouldn't mind looking the same to be honest. But instead of focusing on how fast I can lose 15 pounds, I need to focus on gratitude for a healthy body that brought me this amazing baby, a body that through pregnancy and labor, is working well and doing it's job. Frankly my body is pretty amazing and I need to learn to be grateful for it. The weight will come off. Hey, it took 9 months to gain it and it might take 9 to drop it. If I still have a husband that thinks I'm sexy, that's really all that matters. (Oh and as a side note: My amazing daughter slept all night last night. Gratitude Gratitude Gratitude).

8 comments:

Lindsay said...

Hey girl! Don't you worry. You'll get there...Remember: it has BARELY been over a month. Give yourself more credit. Last time you expected to lose it SLOW, so it may have seemed faster. I'm not saying it isn't harder, I've heard it is, but you're still on the downhill. Besides, you're a real Betty- and your cute little hubby doesn't expect you to be slim overnight, you shouldn't either!

Lant Family said...

I am in the SAME boat as you. I totally had NO problem with Lucy but this time around had been a literal pain in the butt! I work out like crazy and eat pretty healthy and nothing happens. I have had several thoughts like you about yeah my body is amazaing but man I really want to get rid of this weight. I think it is just going to take a little longer this time around. Good thing we have these cute babies to make it all worth it. Keep it up--your baby is so young and I am sure you will just drop that weight off with no problem, plus like you said your husband thinks you are sexy so what else matters.

Amanda said...

oh i am sure you look amazing and beautiful as usual. i'm not going to lie, i am insanely terrified of having to lose all the weight after this little guy comes because it was so hard for me to lose any with katherine. but i am going to be so serious about it this time. i am buying a double jogging stroller and going out every day- rain or shine, mark my words!!

The Johnson Journey said...

First of... GO AMELIE!!! That's AWESOME. Hopefully Ollie didn't wake up your wonderful slumber. :) Second... YOU DO LOOK REALLY GOOD! I know it's a pain in the butt, and VERY frustrating... but honestly, Marley is 16 months old, and my body is NOT the same as before (despite what you THINK), and I'm working on accepting that... our bodies are amazing -- creating LIFE. Nice work, Becks... I know it's hard, but you'll feel comfortable again, and love your body again... promise! :)

Jeremy and Jennifer said...

I’m having the same problem!!!! With Ethan it came off so fast and now with Kylie it's going so slow! Hey, we are coming to LC for Thanksgiving and would love to see you guys. Are you going to be around?

Unknown said...

You are lucky 15 lbs is all you have to loose! Way to go being so healthy during your pregnancy. It took me 11 months to get back to pre-pregnancy weight and the sucky part is I still have 15 more to go! Good thing they are worth it! And remember you always look worse to yourself. We all think you look fab.

Darcey said...

i love this post - i freak out every time i see my growing belly in the mirror or get chastised by my doctor for gaining too much wait.

thanks for reminding me why i'm getting fat...babies are totally worth it :)

Allison said...

Hang in there. I'm sure you look great and you still have a newborn. Enjoy her while she's little (I swear the 2nd time around goes even faster)and you'll have time to worry about all the rest later. Keep up the good attitude and like you said life changes but it'll come back around.