Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Just thought this was a cute one

Well we had a wonderful Thanksgiving in Boise. As usual the Johnson's went all out to make a fun weekend happen for us all, and it was Mary's birthday to top. I literally had one of the best thanksgiving feasts ever and probably ate way too many rolls, total weakness over the holidays. Ollie and Cash were hilarious to watch as usual. It's so crazy to see those boys together and just think, when did they get that big? They are truly little men with personalities and attitude. We all still fit in one the car, just barely, so as long as no one has any more kids, we're set:) And let's also mention that it is like 60 degrees outside and it's DECEMBER! Oh thank heaven. If it can just hold out like this until we go to California for Christmas I would be a happy girl. I am actually excited for this winter. Knowing it will probably be our last in the snow, it makes it really easy to appreciate. And Ollie is big enough that he can totally go sledding and build snowmen. It's too bad that we neither have the time or money to go snowboarding, or else we would take advantage of the great snow. Ryan and I are more than ready for this semester to be over, it's been insane. Let's hope next semester we'll get to see more of each other. Ryan has a few interviews set up over the break in CA so that will be very exciting. We are also going to do a little house hunting down there to see what the options are. It is such an exciting time. I made a goal on Thanksgiving to deliberately think of specific things I am thankful for each day. I kind of already do this but calling it a goal makes it easier to remember and not generalize. So today I am thankful for a calling to speak in our Christmas program at church, the chance to share my testimony, and for an amazing yoga class this morning, seriously needed. Happy December, hope you're all enjoying the wonderful tunes of the season.

7 comments:

Lant Family said...

Sounds like you guys are ready to move on and out of provo! Yeah when people hear that we came from UT they always asked us about the ski resorts and if we are snow ski-ers. Well yeah we might be if we had the money to go and learn! Sad to say I never went he whole time we lived there.

Amanda said...

thats a way cute picture! i love my little nephew, even though he ignores me!

Darcey said...

ha - the bishopric called you too! I was terrified when they asked me to "participate" because I thought they were going to ask me to SING - (if only I had a beautiful voice like yours ;-)

i'm excited to talk though - i haven't spoken in church for about 7 years!

kelleyplus said...

I wish I were there to hear your talk. I know it will be so wonderful. You are such a spiritual person. I have the story I gave last year for my Christmas talk if you want me to send it to you. It was the one about the nativity scene with the extra jesus.
Love you guys! Mom

The Cooks said...

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun! So Ty and I are inviting you to our house for dinner and games or movie, what night works best! Or just call me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aaron and meg facer said...

That is a great picture of that cute boy!

I got your email. It's a great idea; thanks for putting it together! We're working on it. When do you need it? Just wondering how high it needs to go on the priority stack as I'm juggling the last little assignments of the semester...you know how it is!

The Johnson Journey said...

Yeah for Thanksgiving! I'm glad you guys were able to come... my sister was just here talking about how great it was to meet you guys because you're "grounded" people. I very much agree. Great people! :)