Sunday, November 7, 2010

Pretty amazing

I was thinking a lot lately about how amazing it is to be a doula. Seriously, it really is for me, a total dream come true. I love meeting the new moms. I love seeing the home of the couple and how they've started this life together. I love hearing how they met.

I love seeing LOVE in action.

Being apart of the most exciting moments of their lives before they welcome a new one to the family is pretty priceless. Seriously, when I look back on those moments before Ollie or Amelie came, I remember this energetic hum almost, just waiting for this crazy, miraculous thing to happen. You want to relive it over and over again. And now that's exactly what I get to do.

But my favorite part is the Dad. I'm telling you I have to hold back the tears. I doubt that will ever go away. But the husband caring for his wife is the most wonderful thing to watch. It is love, dedication, commitment, basically all the things that are beautiful in life, all wrapped into one. I'm thinking you can tell a lot about a man by the way he treats his wife in labor. I have seen the very best so far. What an amazing thing to be apart of.

7 comments:

kelleyplus said...

BEAUTIFULLY put Becky dearest.

The Johnson Journey said...

That makes me cry. :)

jill said...

becky. YOU are pretty awesome.

Brian and Elizabeth Shelley said...

Becky that is such a beautiful post/picture.

Jenna said...

I was completely overwhelmed with the amazingness of the birth process. That is awesome that you get to be a part of it many times and I bet you are a great doula. I can totally see that.

The Locklins said...

i absolutely adore this picture of you and our little chloe. i'm glad you like it too. you are a wonderful doula; it's the perfect fit for you. i agree, the way my husband treated all throughout my pregnancy gave me such an insight on how much more beautiful our life would continue to become. and it is becoming more beautiful everyday. thank you for all you did for us.

.From Her. said...

HEY! Thanks for commenting on our blog.

I was right in the middle of getting certified through DONA when our crazy summer started, and it's kind of been put on the back burner. I plan to hit the ground running in January, when I have more time and moula to finish completing it!!

I would LOVE to chat with you about being a doula!! How long have you done it for?? Are you certified? Ah, I totally am excited to get it going again,