Wednesday, August 4, 2010

yesterday at the beach...




Some days I wake up in the morning with only one thought in my head, well a few thoughts in fact. The beach, the ocean, the sun, the waves, the people, the sand, the smells, the sounds. Like, I feel like I just need it and I won't get through the day without it. I love that you can go and sit on the beach with your kids and do pretty much nothing and get home and feel like you accomplished a lot for the day. Actually packing up and getting two usually hungry, thirsty, sweaty, and sandy kids back in the car sometimes does feel like quite the task. I LOVE my first sight of the ocean when I'm aching for it. It's like relief that it's still there, still the same, waiting to be enjoyed. Heavenly Father, thank you for making something so joyous and incredibly beautiful for us to love.

7 comments:

Lant Family said...

so jealous----there isn't even a public pool here.

Unknown said...

I love all of Ollie's "moves"!

kelleyplus said...

Ahhh.... the perfect blog for me today. The discription and the pictures--just perfect! Thanks for the reminder that no matter what is going on to distract me, the beach is there waiting for me! See you on Saturday-
Mom

aaron and meg facer said...

I know what you mean and completely agree that spending time at the beach makes you feel like you've accomplished something, you just feel satisfied and balanced after. Or at least I do. God really knows how to create beauty and we're so blessed to be able to enjoy the beautiful beach regularly. I think that's a good way to express our gratitude for it.

emiliaemma said...

Oh I just love the photos and your family (: I want to go swin there! Right now, Only problem is that I'm from Finland

andrea said...

I left you a comment on this post a few days ago, but I guess it didn't work! I love this post! It makes me so crazy that we are so close, but not there yet! Our house is totally packed, the new tenants are in, and we are waiting to hear our move in date! Can't wait to meet you at the beach :) PS those 1st two photos of Ollie are perfect, and I love your child birthing rants....don't stop them!

Bean said...

PRICELESS!! Love every single one of them! I so wish I was there to play at the beach with you guys. Dang it!