Thursday, July 9, 2009

The 7th month post


28 1/2 weeks

Well here we are at 7 months! I can hardly believe it. It's becoming more and more real that we are close to having our baby girl and we're getting so excited. Ollie is starting to kiss the tummy and he says baby sister when we talk about her. I think he's still mostly oblivious at what exactly is happening. I'm not worried though. This kid is such a lover, especially of babies, he will adore her. We went to the amazing Dr. Devore and he checked her out and gave her a clean bill of health. What a blessing. So everything is right on schedule. Her hand was in front of her face so we couldn't get a good shot. Maybe I'm biased but she looked adorable to me. Is it possible that I'll be 30 weeks next week! How did that happen. Ryan and I were talking last night about how excited we were but how we're grateful to have at least a few more months before she comes.
Ryan is LOVING his job. I mean loving it. I call him and he's like "I'm just having so much fun and my day goes by so fast, I love this"! How wonderful to be doing something you enjoy. Since Ryan is working on the Dreamworks project he gets all sorts of perks at the job. The other night we were invited to a concert of Hans Zimmer who has composed some of the most beautiful music. He wrote songs for Pirates, The Da Vinci Code, Gladiator, Kung Fu Panda, Pearl Harbor, The Last Samurai, just to name a few. The concert was on top of the parking structure Ryan's company just finished equipped with yummy food. I'm pretty sure that not only were we the youngest married couple there, but also the youngest with kids. Actually that's how I feel all the time now that we're in LA. When I'm strutting my pregnant self around with a 2 year old, people are like, that cannot be the nanny, she's pregnant, but that just can't be the mom, she's too young! It's really funny. Definitely a different world than Utah:) But it is fun to see how much people fret over my tummy and love Oliver.
Ollie consistently asks me to go to the beach every day. He carries his bucket of sand toys around the house chanting beach until someone agrees to take him. He doesn't really have a concept of gas and that it costs money to drive places so I'm trying to limit our beach days to 2 a week. My new favorite thing is the LA Parent magazine. It lists all the free or cheap things parents can do here every day. Seriously I have a calendar packed with story times, kids concerts, magic shows, puppet shows, and the list goes on. I love to be able to explore the city and take Ollie along to all these new fun places. I am definitely enjoying my life with my little boyfriend before our baby gets here. Summer is just too fun not to. Well, actually, ask me in late August:)

11 comments:

monica said...

You look so good! And cute dress.

You have such a cute family, I can't wait to see the newest addition.

Robin said...

OK, first off, congrats on the baby girl! Ok now to business, I can't believe you guys were at DLAND and didn't call! We live 10 mins form it and we go all the time!!!!! haha. But really where do you guys live now? We should get together!

aaron and meg facer said...

Looking good! I can't believe you're at 7 months already. And we're so happy that Ryan is loving his job!

annieq84 said...

Wow I can't believe I'm going to get that big in a few months! I'll bet Los Angeles just loves having a cute pregnant girl like you. Well looks like Cody and I are coming out end of Aug for a cruise so I guess I'll see you then!

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

It's so exciting waiting for our little baby girl to come soon!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad Ryan loves his job! Becks you need to post a picture of the ultrasound. I can't wait to see her.

Amanda said...

can i just tell you how excited i am that amelie is winning the poll. i knew i wasn't the only one who loved that name! :)
hopefully you will have her by laura's farewell so i can get some snuggle time with her!! i cant wait to see her face! and you are looking way good, as always. i should have taken more pictures during my pregnancy because i seriously dont even remember having a prego belly at all. haha.

Bean said...

Love love love your darling belly!!!

Bean said...

Love love love your darling belly!!!

The Johnson Journey said...

Ohhhhhh... :(:(:( I'm so sad that I don't get to fret over your absolutely beautiful pregnant belly.... I LOVE that picture of all three of you. And I love that you're having such a good time and that Ryan loves his job. He's pretty lucky! Seriously, I can't believe you're almost going to have a little girl. I want to be there. :)

Unknown said...

Becky! You are so gorgeous! Ryan and I are finally home from our Europe adventure and we want to see you guys! Are you around next week? I will try you this weekend sometime. Much love!